Do you worry that your business isn’t complying with current employment legislation or would you know how to handle an employee who was off on long term sick leave? We are here to provide the support you need to understand employment law in practice and help protect you against the pitfalls of failing to honour the legislation.
Whether you have 2 employees or 2000 employees, we provide practical and no-nonsense advice that increases employee engagement and reduces your risk of ending up in an employment tribunal. The end result is a saving of both time and money.
We can help with:
- Drafting contracts of employment & staff handbooks
- Guiding you through the redundancy process or suggesting alternatives to redundancy
- Guiding you through disciplinary & grievance procedures
- Drafting settlement agreements, which prevent employees from bringing a claim in tribunal
- Representing you in an employment tribunal if you are sued by an employee
- Advising on restrictive covenants and confidentiality obligations
- Advising you on the status of individuals: employee or consultant?
- Advising you on TUPE
- Giving you practical advice to resolve workplace issues
- Updating your contracts and policies when the law changes
- Providing training on specific areas of law & best practice
Our philosophy of being whatever you want us to be means that we can hold your hand throughout a particular matter, or simply be on hand to answer queries as you conduct the process yourself. If you have no in-house HR support, we can be your surrogate HR advisor, or if you have HR support, we can help your HR manager or HR director with the more complex and strategic issues.
“Our relationship is one of mutual understanding of both my role and hers and is based on complete trust and confidence which for an HR professional is invaluable”.
If you have HR needs such as recruitment, personality profiling, psychometric testing, talent management or interim on-site support, we can arrange this through our trusted network of HR advisers.
Our flexible funding arrangements mean that we can offer a fixed fee or hourly rate for project work or if you are looking for the security of having a legal adviser in place for a fixed monthly cost, please ask about our retainer agreements.
You’ll also be kept up to date with the latest developments in employment law and how they affect your business by way of our newsletter and if you follow us on Twitter @clrlaw, you’ll hear the breaking employment news. Our video blogs bring the law to you and provide insights into specific areas of employment law. We’re also partial to the odd blog post, so keep an eye out for our musings on recent developments.